Since 1980, World Tourism Day has been celebrated on September 27 helping to raise awareness of the role of tourism within the international community and demonstrate how it affects social, cultural, political and economic values globally. As one of the most recognized and visited tourism destinations in the world, Niagara Parks would like to invite you to celebrate World Tourism Day with us!
Whether it’s standing in awe under the roar of Niagara Falls, soaring over the swirling Niagara Whirlpool or savouring a taste of the region with Niagara Parks Culinary, our iconic Canadian experiences always show you something new. Here are the top five reasons to visit Niagara Falls.
1. Stand face to face with Niagara Falls at Journey Behind the Falls. Here, visitors can venture deep below and behind the heart of Niagara and stand at the base of Horseshoe Falls to witness one-fifth of the world’s fresh water crashing down to the basin below. Enjoy this all-season Canadian Signature Experience in the heat of summer or during the winter months when the falls are coated in ice.
A little magic can take you a long way. -Roald Dahl . . #imagesofcanada #discoverON #thankyoutoronto #enjoycanada #niagaraparks #explorecanada #tourcanada #ourplanetdaily #canadasworld #beautifuldestinations #earthpix #visualsoflife #colors_of_day #awesome_earthpix #exploretocreate #exklusive_shot #aov10k #moodygrams #main_vision #fatalframes #hot_shotz #agameof10k #epic_captures #peoplescreatives #createcommune #world_shotz #way2ill #majestic_earth #global_hotshotz #wonderful_places
2. Niagara begins here, and our encyclopedic Niagara Parks Heritage team can take you back in time to show you just how historically true this is. Relive over 200 years of history at Old Fort Erie, a War of 1812 National Historic Site and Canada’s bloodiest battlefield.
| Old Fort Erie | 🇬🇧 Another quick shot of the Fort before heading out. The light was too perfect to pass up… ☀️#fort2fort #brucetrailconservancy #niagara #niagaraparks #getoutside #mecnation #52hikechallenge #52hikechallenge2016 #neverstopexploring #urbanhike #discoverontario #yourstodiscover #explorecanada #optoutside #wlolife #queenstontotobermory
3. Savour a taste of Niagara at our five Feast On certified restaurants on the Niagara Parkway. Enjoy seasonal menu items, Niagara VQA wines and Ontario craft beers at Elements on the Falls, Queen Victoria Place Restaurant, Queenston Heights Restaurant, Legends on the Niagara Restaurant or Whirlpool Restaurant.
@NiagaraParks #FeastOnTheParkway | Northern Rainbow Trout | with a spinach and sweet potato strudel and Shoal Lake wild rice from Queen Victoria Place Restaurant (Chef Sidney Krick), paired with a glass of Jackson Triggs Reserve Chardonnay. // Special mentions to @ChefKrick for creating this masterpiece. It was absolutely delicious and rocked my taste buds! #NiagaraParks #FeastON
4. Escape to our sprawling parkland and cycle between two Great Lakes on the 53 kilometre Niagara River Recreational Trail. The Niagara River Recreational Trail runs along the Niagara River and extends from Niagara-on-the-Lake, through Chippawa, and on to Historic Fort Erie. This mixed-use path passes through many Niagara Parks attractions, historic sites and natural areas.
5. Soar high over the Niagara River on our 100-year-old Whirlpool Aero Car. The Aero Car travels between two different points on the Canadian shore of the Niagara River, offering spectacular views of the Niagara Gorge and the swirling Whirlpool below. This antique cable car has tremendous historic significance and represents both engineering and tourism development in Niagara.