Meet Nia - the Niagara Parks Police Puppy!
The Niagara Parks Police Service (NPPS) is pleased to announce that a winning entry for its “Name the Puppy” contest has been selected from almost 250 entries: Nia.
Nia, short for Niagara, is a five month old black German Shepperd who was recruited in April to become the NPPS’ first ever K-9. The winning name Nia was submitted by four different individuals during the contest, and a separate draw was held to select the winner, Gerald Gratton, of Chelmsford, Ontario. Mr. Gratton is the proud recipient of a Niagara Parks Family Season Pass, valued at $175.
2012 will mark the 125th anniversary of the NPPS. During The Niagara Parks Commission’s spring launch news conference on April 29, the NPPS unveiled several other changes to the service, including a newly designed flag and ceremonial uniforms, along with new striping on NPPS vehicles to better identify them as police units.
Nia is currently spending time in the Parks socializing with visitors as part of her training to acclimatize her to large crowds. Nia will be also trained in the detection of explosives and for search and rescue efforts.
Gerald Gratton of Chelmsford, Ontario
Winner of a Niagara Parks Family Season’s Pass
valued at $175 (before tax)
The Family Season’s Pass includes:
- Anytime admission during regular operating hours to all Niagara Parks’ Attractions: Niagara’s Fury, Journey Behind the Falls, Butterfly Conservatory and our seasonal venues: White Water Walk, Whirlpool Aero Car, Sir Adam Beck 2, Old Fort Erie, McFarland House, Laura Secord Homestead and Mackenzie Printery.
- One time admission to Maid of the Mist (privately owned)
- Anytime travel on
Peoplemover(now WEGO) and Falls Incline Railway
- $5.00 parking at Falls Parking Lot (regular $20.00)
- 10% discount on purchases at all Niagara Parks gift shops
- 10% discount (excluding alcohol) on regularly priced a la carte dining at Queenston Heights Restaurant, Edgewaters Tap & Grill, Riverview International Buffet and Elements on the Falls
- One time green fee at Chippawa 9 hole course at Legends on the Niagara