Like fitting together the pieces of a delicate puzzle, the wedding seating plan can be one of the most stressful parts of wedding planning. Don’t sweat! Niagara Parks Weddings is here to help with some tips to take the fuss out of organizing and planning.
Keep family close to the head table. Parents of the bride and groom should have an unobstructed view with their backs to as few guests as possible.
Most Niagara Parks reception venues can accommodate tables of 6, 8 or 10. This keeps families and close groups together.
When guiding guests to their tables, consider whether you would like to use a seating chart or escort cards. Niagara Parks staff are happy to help guests find their tables, but this task is made more personal when wedding party members step up to the plate.
The sky is the limit when thinking of creative ways to display your seating plan. Niagara Parks can provide extra tables and linens for your receiving area, including a table for place-cards if needed.
Our staff will also arrange all place-cards, favours, guest book and décor items for you, depending on your requests. Looking for something out of the ordinary? Don’t hesitate to ask!
The finer points
- Your DJ or band will expect a meal, but most DJs prefer to sit at their “booth” table to eat dinner.
- Don’t sit elderly guests too close to speakers, but make sure they are able to enjoy the speeches.
- Consider guests with particular needs. Guests using a wheelchair will appreciate extra space, and parents with young children might prefer to sit closer to the back of the venue.
- If you’re having a larger venue, consider creating two copies of your seating chart to prevent a traffic jam in the doorway!
- Lastly, start planning early! This may take longer than you think, so it’s best to get a head start and enlist the advice of one of our wedding specialists!
We’re here to help
Looking for more tips and tricks with your wedding? Don’t hesitate to contact a Niagara Parks Wedding Specialist for your Niagara Parks dream wedding.
Better yet, visit us on April 13, 2014 for our Whirlpool Restaurant Open House. Our wedding experts will be on-hand to answer any questions you may have. Sample culinary masterpieces and unique wedding favours from Pop & Lolly’s Candy Shop. The best part? For the first 50 events to book, we will waive the room rental fee and provide a free sparkling toast for your day! RSVP now as space is limited.